Sunday, July 27, 2008

1st meal in Japan

1st night in Tokyo!

Trying to find a light bite to eat after arriving in Tokyo's Shinjuku was a bit more entertaining than I thought it would be.

I asked someone at our hotel where I could eat and they were convinced I wanted good American food. After wandering around the dark streets of Shinjuku - I finally found the American restaurant - GUT'S GRILL!!!!! um.... thanks but no thanks....

So instead I found a little conbini (convenient store) where I was bombarded with Japanese kanji, Hello Kitty, Elmo and other cartoon shaped food containers, but had no clue as to what was what. So I settled on something that had a picture of blueberries on it and a egg/tuna/corn salad (with raw cabbage- eww). It was the only thing i recognized. (and to my suprise there was NO SUSHI!) oh well... Mmmm..... Better than guts if you ask me!

2 comments:

JOANNA said...

The look on your face is priceless! Too bad you can't dial up a pizza?!

Callie Sorensen said...

actually - i think they have pizza hut here!!! but i think they have fish and corn as the toppings. yummmmmm...