Monday, August 25, 2008

Be careful when buying rice cakes in Japan.

Sooooo...... I had yet another failed attempt at the grocery store. I bought what seemed to be rice cakes... they looked like rice cakes, felt like rice cakes and they even had a little picture of a popped corn type of thing on it.... I smothered it with my precious skippy peanut butter i found and then took a huge bite into the fishiest stankiest tasting rice cake ive ever eaten. grrrr.........

I'm now starting to fully understand my Mom's story from her Fulbright trip to Japan...

"Looks like a pizza, smells like pizza............. tastes like fish."

"Looks like a hashbrown, smells like a hashbrown.............. tastes like fish."

"Looks like a pancake, smells like a pancake..................... tastes like fish."

The list goes on...

No comments: