Sunday, September 7, 2008

Exams and Unicycles...

I learned my lesson today....

NEVER leave home without a camera....

After a fun weekend hiking and camping in Lake Shikotsu I biked out to the big book store to buy an application for the JLPT (japanese language proficiency test.) The deadline for the exam is this week and I was convinced by a few fellow JETs that I should try for Level 4 in December. (wish me luck - im gonna need it!)

As I was riding to the bookstore I bumped into yet another amazing festival.... this time it was for UNICYCLES!!!!!!!!

Try to imagine 100's of Japanese people dressed up in crazy costumes like red plushed velvet, black lace, bumblebees, country bumpkins, mardi gras and more all on unicycles!!!!!! they had several choreographed dance routines. It was like watching a flamboyant figure skating routine - but on UNICYCLES!!!!!

wow. there's another talent i gotta pick up while im in japan........ when am i going to have time to study for this JLPT exam?!?!?

No comments: