Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Face Masks...

Well- don't I feel foolish??? Back in the States I noticed that a lot of Japanese and Chinese people wear face masks when out and about...

For all these years I thought it was to fend themselves from pollution or from us dirty Americans.

But since being in Japan I've come to realize that people here wear face masks when they are sick to protect OTHERS from also getting sick!!!!

Just another example of how damn nice people are here in Japan!!!

To wear or not to wear - that my question for today. I caught a bad cold (probably from the freezin weather, rain and NO SLEEP from the parties and camping over this past 4 day weekend)... The thought of having a stuffed runny nose and then wearing a mask on top of it to brood in my own sickness is not all appealing. Sadly, I don't think I'll ever be able to be as polite as the Japanese.

No comments: