Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Furano - the belly button of Hokkaido!!!

This past weekend I went on an amazing 3 day hike in Daisetsu-zan National Park...

Yesterday, on the way home from the hike we stopped in Furano - the belly button town of Hokkaido!!!

This little circular guy on the left is THE center of Hokkaido. What's amazing about this town is that every year they hold a belly button festival!!!!!!!!!!! I remember reading about this fantabulous festival before I came to Japan - but sadly I missed it by 2 days... Here's my previous post about it: Furano Belly Button Festival

Luckily one belly button guy was left hanging out in the park from the festival.... Emma got an action shot of me bolting with joy to go see him.

I can't wait til next year!!!!!!!! Luckily I have plenty of time to improve and perfect my belly button dancing skillz.

No comments: