Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Taiko Festival




Last Tuesday Holiday Mayu, John and I went to a Taiko Festival in the Sapporo Art Park. One of my students was performing (she's the one in the middle front) - so we went to cheer her on!!!





The teams were from all over Hokkaido... and luckily my student's team won!!!! In March they will compete near Tokyo in the National Competition!



In the middle of the competition they had a workshop to teach the audience how to play. Mayu, John and I got on stage to have a go (but Mayu chickened out at the last minute and hid behind the curtains)... But I have to say those little kids next to us had way better rhythm!!!! I'm hopin for a miracle cause in 3 weeks I start my Taiko lessons and I don't know if I'll be able to find rhythm by then!!! yikes...


No comments: