Sunday, October 19, 2008

Laser Hair Removal

so it looks like im going to stay in japan for 2 years... besides loving my job and sapporo, i keep signing 2 year contracts for random things... the other week it was for laser hair removal!!!

i've been trying to do it for sometime now... but i'm never in one place for long enough!!! I actually signed up at a place in Nairobi, Kenya but the laser machine had a meltdown (luckily the day before i started treatment! but i guess it wasn't so smart in the first place to do something like that in kenya!)

But through word of mouth I found this great salon that does permanent laser hair removal for really cheap in Sapporo. My angel was nice enough to take me to the shop and help me translate! When we got to the place I asked to do my pits and bikini line. It was so funny because Japanese women are sooooooo shy - especially when it comes to talking about anything that involves anything near your "private parts." (after spending time in the onsens I also realized that this area is normally left VERY untouched)

But every time we had to talk about the bikini line area they both burst out in giggles!!! It was soooo cute! The lady who worked there tried to draw a picture but it was so abstract we couldn't communicate well - so with my sex ed background I drew a detailed picture showing them what I wanted - which sent them over the edge dying with laughter. I think they both had tears in their eyes! hahahahah.... It was hilarious!! I then signed up for a 2 year unlimited contract (it was only $200 total!!!)...

In Japan they use a hanko (ink stamp of your name) instead of a signature. When I took mine out they both started screaming "KAWAI!!!! (which means CUTE!!!) Every little thing I did they kept screaming "kawai" this and "kawai" that... and my oh my - when I placed my ink stamp on the contract - they were screaming "KAWAI!!!!" even louder... all of the other workers and clients in the building came running to look. jeeeebus!!! hahaha...

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Ah! I want some of this hair removal goodness!! How often do you have to go? Next time I'm in Sapps you'll have to show me where it is and I'll be signing up quicksmart!

Anonymous said...

Hi what is the name and address of the salon specializing in laser hair removal in Sapporo called please?