Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sex in the City and Karaoke in the hallways...

As always, between passing periods I wander the hallways and talk to unsuspecting students. There are a few hilarious girls that I always have a good time with who are in their final year.... They can't speak a lick of English but we get by on my choppy Japanese and their choppy English. Today one of the girls asked me what my favorite American TV drama was...

I told her I was watching Grey's Anatomy now... then she asked me why I didn't say "Sex in the City." Hahahha... I told her I also love that show. Then outta nowhere in English she belts out: "YEAH! Totally!!!! I love Charlottes face, Carrie is KEWWWL, Miranda is funny sometimes but that Samantha is such a BITCH!" HAHAHAHA.... wtf?!?!? I thought to myself... where in the world did that come from outta this tiny little shy japanese girl!??!?! I wish I had a video clip of her sayin it... hahaha.... too funny!

Also today in the halls a few boys came up to me and asked for help with their English Entrance Exam for University... I said sure!!! and told them to see me after school... so at 3:20, 7 guys showed up and dragged me to their classroom... They kind of fidgeted nervously for 15 minutes til we finally found a place to sit together. I asked them what they wanted me to explain and they ran out of the class to get a textbook... When they came back it was an English song lyric book and even though they couldn't put a sentence together in English they started belting out songs and serenading me in English!!!!!! hahaha.... they definitely wooed me. There's nothin quite like a session of karaoke in the classroom.

I asked if this was part of their exam and they said no. Then they admitted they just wanted to talk to me. Hahahha... we ended up sitting and chatting until about 6:30pm!!! They asked if they could meet with me everyday. I wonder what songs I'll get tomorrow...

Oh deary me... every day is something new!

No comments: