Thursday, November 6, 2008

OBAMA!!!!!!!!

OBAMA!!!!! OBAMA!!!!!! OBAMA!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!! Is this really happening?!?!?!?! I am still pinching myself to make sure that I am awake!!!

I clearly remember when Bush was elected into office for the first time. I packed my bags and made a promise to myself that I would leave the country and not come back until he was OUTTA THERE!!!! Well.... for 7 years I have stuck firm to my promise.... but now that he's FINALLY OUT - what do I do now!??!?!?!? I finally feel damn proud to be an American again!!! Maybe this is a sign I should move back to Chicago and finally settle down???? ahhh crap! I can't think about that right now. I'm too busy basking in this Obama-rama!!!

Last night, a few JETs went to Phred's bar in Sapporo to celebrate Obama's VICTORY!!!!!! and to watch his speech on CNN! While we were there making a ruckus, a Japanese man in a suit came over and said he was with the newspaper and wanted to talk to us....

I didn't think he spoke English so when he asked me: "You, Obama, feel how?" I tried to keep my English dummified so he could understand me... I said: "ME HAPPY!!!! ME VERY VERY HAPPY!!!! YEAH!!!!!! I LIKE OBAMA!!! HAPPY!!!!" hahaahha..... then he went over to Crystal, another JET, and she had this 20 minute in depth interview with the guy on Obama's political views and about how this will affect the bond between Japan and the US and who knows what else. hahaha.... whoops....

Well..... after our interviews we had fun with this poor reporter and took loads of photos of him at the bar... and Messy Jesse (not suprisingly) spilled beer all over the place and all over him!!!! hahahaha....




This morning, on the way to work I picked up a copy of the Asahi Shinbun at Sapporo Station and sure enough - the front page was OBAMA!!!! and then inside the paper was a rowdy picture of us celebrating and watching Obama on TV!!!! hahaha...

All I can read is my name in katakana, that I'm 28 years old and a high school English teacher.... I also noticed they mentioned Crystal's name... It's probably for the best I can't read my intellectual response. I tried to look for any mention of Messy Jesse or our rowdy interactions with the poor guy - but I couldn't tell...

When I got to school one of the librarians had seen the article and ran off copies for all of the teachers!!!!! hahahaha.... and then my teachers had me show the students who went absolutely bezerk. oh geeez....

I CAN'T WAIT TIL JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO OBAMA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Lou said...

Indeed it's very exciting times! That is so great you got to meet him in Kenya--perhaps a cabinet position will be in order? Secretary Of Education Sorenson has a nice ring!

JLiminal said...

Go Obama! He's just opening the door for a future Latino president...

Erickson Young said...

Oooo!!! Famous in Japanese newspaper!! That's something so different!! Yes, Obama will take over in exactly noon on Jan. 20th!!

Am jealous to all Gallaudet graduates next year because all degrees will be sign by Obama!! Mine was G.W.Bush, ugh!

Take care!

Chad Lembree said...

Don't worry Callie, we have a spot for you here in Chicago. I bet Steve would even let you live with him and Lindsey.

gObama!!!

ck said...

*gooooosebumps*