Saturday, January 31, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!



Luckily I got some shots of the gorgeous snow here in Sapporo before it started melting away!



Here are some from my walk to school last week...

My pictures don't do it justice.


































Normally I would be jumping for joy that the temperatures are so abnormally warm this year - but then I quickly realized warm temperatures = melting snow which turns into huge slick dangerous sheets of ice.

This is a photo of my sidewalk near my house.

My walk which normally takes 50 minutes now takes me 1hr and 30mins because I have to glide, skate and fall on my butt all the way home on these ice sheets. grrrrr....

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY JAPAN HASN'T LEARNED ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE AND CONVENIENCE OF SHOVELING SIDEWALKS AND ROADS!!!!!!


For more photos of snowy Sapporo: http://callieinjapan.shutterfly.com/1800

No comments: