Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sapporo Ski Jump and fun with friends...

When I came home from work yesterday - my Dad had somehow magically found a supermarket near my house and STOCKED UP my fridge!!!! My fridge has never been so full before! ;-)











On Saturday morning we biked over to the Nakajima Park Flea Market. Dad wanted to buy everything. I had to hold him back - but I did let him purchase this 50 cent Godzilla purse. ;-)










We also met lots of cute pups.... some who had the royal treatment in baby carriages and others in flashy outfits... (this schnauzer below even had boxer briefs on under his trousers!!!!)
























After the flea market we rode our bikes through Odori Park and then on over to the Olympic Ski Jump… We biked all the way up to the ski lift!!!!! Luckily the weather was good and once we got to the top we DESERVED that view! ;-)






































We then went to the neighbouring Olympic museum with virtual reality games. We played on every single one. I think I almost vomitted after being spun 100mph on the figure skating VR ride tho. blech.

























After biking up and back down from the ski jump we were STARVING so we met Steph and Crystal for Okonomiyaki, yaki soba and monjayaki back in town. YUM!!!!




















After eating, we went over to Odori Park to meet the cute family (who we met randomly earlier in the week) to play on the slides. The little cute girl ordered me around to run from one slide to the next, to dig like a dog, to jump, to run, etc…



















We played and played and played til it got dark and then went over to Nakajima Park for the illumination which was BEEEEEAUUUTIFUL! There were crazy 11 year olds in maid costumes singing and dancing on stage tho... Weird.
















It was so sad to say goodbye to the family at the end of the night.... the mom sobbed and sobbed.... it was sooooo sweet.

No comments: