Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sapporo Design Week


Even though I left my career as a Designer… it’s nice to every once in awhile check out what other designers and artists are doing. During the Sapporo Design Week, Ikuya and I went to a few exhibitions and galleries...










Here are some photos from the Sapporo Citizen Art Gallery…. A few months ago someone asked me to pose for a painting… but little did I know that it was later going to be shown during the Sapporo Design Week! ;-0

He gave me free tickets to the gallery, but when I asked Ikuya to join me, I didn’t tell him I would actually appear in one of the paintings... so he was shocked when turning the corner only to find a huge life sized painting entitled “Callie.” Hahaha…






My favorite sculpture was this one of a middle aged man giving a granny a piggy back ride.


















Not too sure what this designer was thinking when he made this sign for the art gallery...

;-0

No comments: