Sunday, February 14, 2010

Celebrating New Years in Hokkaido!

Even though I miss the sandy warm relaxing beaches of Thailand, it feels good to be back in Sapporo. I really do love this city.













I flew back on a Friday and the following morning I took the train out to Obihiro to see Ikuya’s family and celebrate Oshougatsu (New Years.) My parents had sent a big Christmas package so we had a mini Christmas celebration and attempted to make a gingerbread house with his cousins. The gingerbread house only lasted about 30 minutes before it collapsed - so we all dove in and fought to eat it!!!! Yum!


















I also celebrated New Years with MADO – a free Japanese conversation group. They had heaps of food from around the world... Plus dancing, singing, and talent shows...















No comments: